Ward You’re Running In: 7
Current Occupation: Residential Sales Manager – Access Communications Co-operative Limited
Danny is the current Manager, Residential Sales for Access Communications Cooperative Limited and the former Executive Director of the Better Business Bureau of Saskatchewan. Danny has been a resident of and supporter of Ward 7 and of Regina since 1973, working for various companies as well as owner of various small businesses in Regina
Danny believes in giving back to his community. Danny has been involved with and still is in a number of community organizations, including Rotary, Shriners, Search & Rescue Regina, Regina Crime Stoppers, Qu’Appelle Health Region Advisor and Access Communications Community Channel Advisor Board to name a few. Danny has also been involved with the following charities, Canadian Cancer Society and Canadian Diabetes Association.
On his personal side, Danny has two daughters Lisa and Ashley. He enjoys, traveling and fishing when time permits and, as his friends say, trying to play golf.
QUESTION AND ANSWER
1. Briefly, why are you running for council?
I believe with my skills and experience I can help lead our city and Ward 7 toward a more prosperous and sustainable future.
2. What is the single most pressing issue facing Regina? How would you solve it?
Saskatchewan is booming and Regina is growing as a result, we need to get the growth model right. Regina’s growth must be managed in a coherent and sustainable fashion for all residents.
3. Imagine the Regina Of The Future that you want to help build. What will it look like?
The best city in Canada to live, work and raise a family.
4. Beyond immediate concerns like housing, the stadium and infrastructure renewal, what “big idea” project do you want to work on that nobody seems to be talking about?
Regina has a significant unfunded pension liability of potentially hundreds of millions of dollars. Ignoring this issue, as is the current council’s approach, won’t make it go away. We owe it to our employees and taxpayers to co-operatively deal with this issue.
5. Name something the last council got right.
I LOVE REGINA campaign
6. Now, point out their biggest mistake.
Not listens to Regina’s citizens who want a say on a new stadium.
7. What are you reading these days?
Anything on the election
8. Beyond your residence, do you own any property in Regina or in the immediate area?
* * * * *
1. What is your favourite Regina restaurant?
2. Who is your favourite Regina artist?
3. What actor would play you in the gritty cable drama, Queen City Hall?
4. How would your character die?
* * * * *
PICK A SIDE
Cats or Dogs? Cats
Vampires or Werewolves? Werewolves
Boxing or Roller Derby? Roller Derby
Steak or Sushi? Steak
Hill Towers or Legislative Building? Legislative Buildings
Quance Street or Dewdney Avenue? Dewdney
Artesian or Wascana Park Gazebo? Wascana Park Gazebo
Prairie Dog or Richardson Ground Squirrel? Prairie Dog
Giant Grasshopper or Stegosaurus? Grasshopper
Saskaboom or SaskAdvantage? SaskAdvantage
Bike or Sports Car? Bike
Le Macaron or Five Guys? Five Guys
The Beatles or the Rolling Stones? Rolling Stones
* * * * *
BONUS QUESTION: Make up your own question (And answer it, of course!)
What do you call a bear hula hooping?
* * * * *
Follow all of our online election coverage — including interviews, analysis and podcasts — and read other candidate profiles on our Regina City Election 2012 page.