Ward You’re Running In: 9
Current Occupation: Insurance Broker
QUESTION AND ANSWER
1. Briefly, why are you running for council?
I’m running for Council because I’ve always been interested in how we run our city. I want Regina to be the best city in Canada, and I think it’s a wonderful place to live. I have two boys and they deserve to have a great place to grow up in and raise families.
2. What is the single most pressing issue facing Regina?
The biggest issue facing Regina is keeping our infrastructure strong.
How would you solve it?
By initiating some of the great ideas that were discussed at the recent National Infrastructure Summit and showing the Province that we know what is best for Regina and will spend money wisely.
3. Imagine the Regina Of The Future that you want to help build. What will it look like?
That’s easy. Regina just as it is, a wonderful place to live. But with less traffic between 4 and 6!!!
4. Beyond immediate concerns like housing, the stadium and infrastructure renewal, what “big idea” project do you want to work on that nobody seems to be talking about?
I would like to be involved in having a perimeter highway encircling Regina so large heavy traffic that doesn’t need to come into Regina could get around without coming into the city proper and clogging our roadways. I’m sure many truckers don’t want to be in the city if they don’t have to be on Vic East.
5. Name something the last council got right.
Keeping up with roadwork in northwest Regina. It took a while to get done but I’m glad the 9th Ave N (Ring Road) extension is done.
6. Now, point out their biggest mistake.
Not being more transparent regarding the stadium. they missed a huge opportunity to let the public know what was going on. Oh, and the downtown plaza.
7. What are you reading these days?
I read the paper every morning, news articles, and just a few days ago read the draft of a novel I am writing since it’s been four months since I have had the chance to add to it.
8. Beyond your residence, do you own any property in Regina or in the immediate area?
No, I do not.
* * * * *
1. What is your favourite Regina restaurant?
West Side Pizza on Dorothy St. Great food and service.
2. Who is your favourite Regina artist?
Sorry, but I have to admit none come to mind. Sorry.
3. What actor would play you in the gritty cable drama, Queen City Hall?
is this a real question and show? wow, if it is I’m really out of touch.
4. How would your character die?
Natural causes at age 90, but still with his faculties.
* * * * *
PICK A SIDE
Cats or Dogs? I have to pick dogs or mine would disown me.
Vampires or Werewolves? Again, dogs. There’s no such thing as a vampire.
Boxing or Roller Derby? Rolls his eyes.
Steak or Sushi? STEAK
Hill Towers or Legislative Building? Legislative Building due to it’s timeless elegance and location in Wascana Park.
Quance Street or Dewdney Avenue? Dewdney Ave West on the bike path
Artesian or Wascana Park Gazebo? Artesian. A great little venue.
Prairie Dog or Richardson Ground Squirrel? Trick question?? Prairie Dog near Richardson SK. LOL
Giant Grasshopper or Stegosaurus? Stegosaurus.
Saskaboom or SaskAdvantage? what??
Bike or Sports Car? If we’re talking pedal bike, I take the bike. Love my Cannondale Hybrid.
Le Macaron or Five Guys? Five Guys.
The Beatles or the Rolling Stones? John Paul George and Ringo of course.
* * * * *
BONUS QUESTION: Make up your own question (And answer it, of course!)
* * * * *
Follow all of our online election coverage — including interviews, analysis and podcasts — and read other candidate profiles on our Regina City Election 2012 page.