Ward You’re Running In: 7
Current Occupation: Registered Nurse
Voter Information: Ph 949-5025 email- [email protected]
I was born in Northern Ireland and immigrated to Regina when I was 8yrs old. I grew up in ward 7, and graduated from O’Neill High School. I attended SIAST and I am a registered nurse. I have a seventeen year old daughter.
I have served 3 terms on city council.
QUESTION AND ANSWER
1. Briefly, why are you running for council?
I am running for council because Regina is currently in an exciting and challenging time. We need to make sure we are planning for the future, as well as dealing with the current issues that we face. We need to be strategic, and look at what is best for the city and the residents of Regina.
2. What is the single most pressing issue facing Regina? How would you solve it?
The shortage of housing is the biggest issue we currently face. We need to make sure we are making planning decisions that support housing. We need to have a plan, and we need to make it a priority.
3. Imagine the Regina Of The Future that you want to help build. What will it look like?
I feel Regina’s vision sums it up in the statement where Regina will be: Canada’s most vibrant, inclusive, attractive, sustainable community, where people live in harmony and thrive in opportunity
4. Beyond immediate concerns like housing, the stadium and infrastructure renewal, what “big idea” project do you want to work on that nobody seems to be talking about?
I would like to see transit become a way people choose instead of using a car.
5. Name something the last council got right.
Co-operators Centre, the Global Transportation Hub, decreasing crime, community pride… there are so many to list…
6. Now, point out their biggest mistake.
I would have liked to see the city square project done quicker, and more cost effectively
7. What are you reading these days?
I finished the hunger games trilogy over the summer, and I am currently focusing my reading time on door knocking and phoning residents
8. Beyond your residence, do you own any property in Regina or in the immediate area?
I own one property in Regina.
* * * * *
1. What is your favourite Regina restaurant?
2. Who is your favourite Regina artist?
Hard to pick just one, but I’d have to go with Colin James
3. What actor would play you in the gritty cable drama, Queen City Hall?
4. How would your character die?
Helping save someone’s life!
* * * * *
PICK A SIDE
Cats or Dogs? Dogs
Vampires or Werewolves? Vampires
Boxing or Roller Derby? Neither.. too many concussions
Steak or Sushi? Steak
Hill Towers or Legislative Building? The Legislative Building
Quance Street or Dewdney Avenue? Dewdney Ave
Artesian or Wascana Park Gazebo? Wascana Park Gazebo
Prairie Dog or Richardson Ground Squirrel? Prairie Dog
Giant Grasshopper or Stegosaurus? Stegosaurus
Saskaboom or SaskAdvantage? SaskAdvantage
Bike or Sports Car? Depends on the situation
Le Macaron or Five Guys? Le Macaron
The Beatles or the Rolling Stones? The Beatles
* * * * *
BONUS QUESTION: Make up your own question (And answer it, of course!)
Best tourist attraction in Regina: Wascana Park
* * * * *
Find out about all the other people running in this election on our Candidate Profiles page. And follow all of our online election coverage — including interviews, analysis and podcasts — on our Regina City Election 2012 page.