Ward You’re Running In: 1
Current Occupation: Sport Scientist/Educator
Voter Information: Cel: 596-7511, Email: [email protected], Twitter: @skuster2012
I have and Education Degree from the University of Regina and a Masters of Kinesiology Degree from the University of Calgary. I work as a Sport Science Consultant and Educator. I have been married to my wife for 22 years and we lived in Ward 1 for 18 years with our four children. We spend a lot of time coaching and supervising their activities.
QUESTION AND ANSWER
1. Briefly, why are you running for council?
Ward 1 Desperately needs a strong voice at city hall to express the unique needs of our communities. I feel I can be that voice. It is an opportunity to be involved with and serve my community so that we will continue to find Ward 1 a desirable location to live.
2. What is the single most pressing issue facing Regina? How would you solve it?
Planned and controlled growth of the city while attending to the needs of the established communities. Prioritizing our cities current needs for growth and getting to work on upgrading the established areas.
3. Imagine the Regina Of The Future that you want to help build. What will it look like?
A diversified vibrant community that has some for everyone. A city that can mange controlled growth while meeting the needs of established communities.
4. Beyond immediate concerns like housing, the stadium and infrastructure renewal, what “big idea” project do you want to work on that nobody seems to be talking about?
Housing and infrastructure renewal must take place before moving getting overwhelmed by the next “big idea”
5. Name something the last council got right.
6. Now, point out their biggest mistake.
I think they have rushed through too many important decisions without properly consulting with the public who they represent.
7. What are you reading these days?
Just picked up Arnold Schwarzenegger’s book “Total Recall”
8. Beyond your residence, do you own any property in Regina or in the immediate area?
* * * * *
1. What is your favourite Regina restaurant?
2. Who is your favourite Regina artist?
I have many friends who are prominate local artists.
3. What actor would play you in the gritty cable drama, Queen City Hall?
Brad Pitt. I could use the upgrade.
4. How would your character die?
Fall into a City of Regina pot hole.
* * * * *
PICK A SIDE
Cats or Dogs? Dogs
Vampires or Werewolves? Vampire
Boxing or Roller Derby? Boxing
Steak or Sushi? Sushi
Hill Towers or Legislative Building? Legislative Building
Quance Street or Dewdney Avenue? Dewdney
Artesian or Wascana Park Gazebo? Wascana Park
Prairie Dog or Richardson Ground Squirrel?
Giant Grasshopper or Stegosaurus? Stegosaurus
Saskaboom or SaskAdvantage?
Bike or Sports Car? Sports Car
Le Macaron or Five Guys? Both
The Beatles or the Rolling Stones? Rolling Stones
* * * * *
BONUS QUESTION: Make up your own question (And answer it, of course!)
* * * * *
Find out about all the other people running in this election on our Candidate Profiles page. And follow all of our online election coverage — including interviews, analysis and podcasts — on our Regina City Election 2012 page.