2. SASKATCHEWAN ER WAIT TIMES ARE THE SECOND WORST IN CANADA Hooray!
4. ONTARIO’S WHINING CONSERVATIVES LOSE A BYELECTION; BLAME UNIONS Not terribly shocking. It’s pretty obvious that union-bashing politicians work for wealthy business fuckers, not ordinary people, and it’s sad that ordinary people who aren’t super-wealthy fall for it. Don’t be a sucker. Don’t tolerate union-bashing rhetoric.
5. FEDERAL CONSERVATIVES SAY THEIR SELF-SERVING ELECTION LAW CHANGES AREN’T SELF-SERVING Uh huh.
7. WHAT’S THE MATTER WITH KANSAS? WELL, BIGOTS FOR ONE THING According to this story from a few days ago, it might be/will soon be legal to refuse service to gay couples in Kansas under the guise of, get this, preventing discrimination. Slate has analysis. H/T to Dechene, who e-mailed me this to make me mad. Thanks, Dechene.
8. BUT ON THE BRIGHT SIDE Virginia’s anti-gay marriage law has been overturned by a U.S. federal judge.
9. NO PEACE FOR YOU There’s an impasse in Syrian talks.
10. ITALY IS GOING TO GET A NEW PRIME MINISTER The lucky presumed winner of the recently vacated seat would be the youngest PM in the country’s history.
12. THERE’S A KILLER PIG VIRUS IN MANITOBA It’s called Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea virus and… hey, that sounds horrible. Keep it away from me.
HAPPY FRIDAY VALENTINE’S DAY! Who’s in love?