1. ATTACKS WILL CONTINUE: NETANYAHU Of course he says that. Meanwhile, more than 100 Palestinians, mostly civilians, have now been killed by Israeli bombing. Seems like war crime stuff to me. Aside from death, injuries in this conflict are running 70-1 on the Palestinian side, with over 700 Palestinians wounded and 10 Israelis hurt.
2. GERMAN SOCCER PLAYERS DIALED IT DOWN AGAINST BRAZIL? Yup, during the halftime break of their 7-1 victory, German players agreed to not humiliate Brazil in their own country.
3. FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BULLYING OF ENVIRONMENTAL CHARITIES IS WORKING This is awful. It would be great if there was some way to mount a legal challenge to Harper weaponizing Revenue Canada against his critics.
ONTARIO WINS SUPREME COURT RULING OVER LOGGING ON TREATY LAND Boo.
4. MOOSOMIN GETS A SECOND SOAKING The town is dealing with more flooding after heavy rainfalls. Also, here’s a story of a farmer whose farm was obliterated. Farm groups, meanwhile, say there needs to be a regional response to flooding. I suggest voting Conservative every single election forever, as rural areas unfortunately seem to do, because that’s the best way to block action on the climate change that’s exacerbating this situation [SARCASM].
5. DEFENDING THE CONSISTENT-WITH-HOMOPHOBIA BEHAVIOUR OF ROB FORD Doug sticks up for his rude brother. Also: if there ARE gay people working on Rob Ford’s reelection campaign I can definitely see why they wouldn’t want that to be public knowledge. They might never get laid again.
7. SNAKE HOARDER PLEADS GUILTY TO ANIMAL ABUSE A horrible story.
8. LeBRON JAMES HEADS BACK TO CLEVELAND They still want him? Guess so.
9. BRANDON DUBINSKY RE-SIGNS WITH THE BLUE JACKETS Now HERE’S some sports news we can all get excited about!
10. SEX-PHOBIC ANTI-CHOICE QUACKS ARE APPARENTLY PEDDLING ABSTINENCE EDUCATION TO TEENS IN EDMONTON Whuuuuu? Fortunately, a human rights complaint has been launched against this “Christian” program. More here. Really fighting the urge to fly off the handle before learning more, but if, IF, this program is teaching teens, a demographic Dan Savage once described as “almost supernaturally horny”, that abstinence is always a realistic option; well, that’s just educational malpractice.
11. AUTHORITIES IN MANASSAS, VIRGINIA, BACK OFF DEMANDS FOR NEW PHOTOS OF A TEENAGER’S ERECT PENIS Will wonders never cease. Now all this pathetic Virginia hick-town (pop. 40,000) needs to do is drop the child pornography charges against the poor teen who took photos of his own junk, and we can all forget we ever heard about such a stupidly named shithole.
AS AN EDITOR, I ENDORSE THESE EDITS Good editing rules and these movies have some of the best.