1. AN AUDI SITUATION A shiny, red car is pulled out of Wascana lake.
3. PHOOEY ON PUTIN! UKRAINIAN SEPARATISTS PLAN THEIR REFERENDUM TO JOIN PUTIN’S COUNTRY WHETHER PUTIN WANTS THEM OR NOT Today’s stupid news.
4. 14 DEAD IN ALEPPO A rebel bomb destroys a hotel in the Syrian city.
6. MORE ABOUT FARLEY The StarPhoenix’s Jeremy Warren has a nice piece on late author Farley Mowat’s Saskatchewan connection.
7. TRUDEAU’S LIBERALS JOIN THE 21ST CENTURY The caucus now officially supports a woman’s right to make her own decisions for her own body. Caucus members opposed to legal abortion will be grandfathered. Says Opposition leader Thomas Mulcair: “No NDP MP will ever vote against a woman’s right to choose. For us, it’s a fundamental question of principle. And frankly, I have difficulty seeing how you can have a two-tiered system in your caucus.”
8. BEAR KILLS WORKER NORTH OF FORT MCMURRAY A rare and sad incident.
OCTOPUSES RULE More proof: