2. LEAN DAYS FOR SASKATCHEWAN HEALTH CARE Controversy continues around the cost of the Saskatchewan government’s health care consultants.
3. THERE’S NO NATIONAL SKILLS SHORTAGE, ALSO, WAGES ARE ONLY GROWING DRAMATICALLY FOR TOP EARNERS So says the Parliamentary Budget Office.
4. ROUGHRIDERS LOSE REGINA PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTION Story here.
5. SASKATCHEWAN GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCES THAT THE MINIMUM WAGE WILL GO UP LATER THIS YEAR Well, good! The new minimum wage will be indexed, as well.That’s one of the best ways to fight poverty. On the downside, the last minimum wage increase was Dec. 1 2012, so it will have been two years since the last increase, and rent goes up every single damn year, and generally by a lot more than the inflation rate/consumer price index/whatever. And I think it’s safe to assume most minimum wage earners rent.
6. SASKATOON PATIENT DOES NOT HAVE EBOLA! Um, great!
7. THE HARPER GOVERNMENT HAS CHOSEN TO RESPECT THE SUPREME COURT’S REJECTION OF ITS NOMINEE, MARC NADON How magnanimous! And the government will respect the spirit of the decision too, not just the letter of it! Swoon!
REST IN PEACE, ODEROUS Yesterday came the sad news that Dave Brockie, the earthly vessal of Gwar frontman Oderus Urungus, has passed away. Billboard has a list of the band’s top mainstream moments. Here’s a link to one of the band’s last videos, “Madness At The Core Of Time”, and here’s Gwar performing “Carry On My Wayward Son” in 2012: