It’s been a while since we’ve had a good Foliage Report. And it’ll be a while before we have another good Foliage Report because the news on Regina’s vegetation front is all kinds of grim. See that yellow tinge? Those brown, dry edges? That is death and horror. But let us embrace this terrible, depressing seasonal badness with courage and clear-eyed acceptance and not hide in fantasy, dwelling on happier times such as, for example, June.
Foliage Report: Friday, Sept. 23 Horror
About Stephen WhitworthStephen Whitworth is a life-long fan of newspapers and alternative media who got his start in the student press a hundred years ago. He moved to Regina in the fall of 1998 and Prairie Dog recklessly hired him nine months later. It was a terrible mistake and the publication deeply regrets its inability to get rid of him. When Whitworth’s not adding typos to the hard work of Prairie Dog’s many terrific writers, writing hilarious (to him) headlines and finding inventive new ways to make the paper late for its bi-weekly press deadline, he enjoys reading magazines, newspapers and alternative comics, listening to music, playing board games, and drinking and eating. He has a cat and
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
- Pick Of The Day: Slaughter Nick For President May 23, 2013
- Review: Like Someone in Love May 22, 2013
- Capital Pointe: Something’s Happening May 22, 2013
- Foliage Report: Wednesday, May 22 May 22, 2013
- Ford Watch May 22, 2013
- El Guapo Blanco: The city can't drop some eminent domain claims an...
- El Guapo Blanco: I love Bendydick Cucumbersnatch, but am not a fan ...
- The Cowarldly Lion: What I want to know is there a new theme song for ...
- Vanda Schmockel: Talbot, if not here, where?...
- Talbot Fresh, Jr.: Is this where I complain about the nasty-ass traff...
31 Days Of Horror 31 Days Of Music Aggregation Apocalypse Bottomless Grief Cartoons Cities Climate Change Cocktails Contests Cute Animals Cute Plants Drugs Durrr Econopocalypse Environment Film Football Fringe Festival Fun GLBT Graphic Design International Relations Kresnyak in Africa Love Marketing Media Music National Infrastructure Summit News Occupy Regina Podcast Polls Prairie Dog Regina Regina Election 2012 Salubrious Science Sex sports Swag TDOC Tech TIFF Whining
Follow @prairiedogmag on Twitter