2. KEYSTONE XL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT COMING TODAY? Maybe!
3. CUTBACKS KILL FIRST NATIONS JOBS The Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations is looking for other funding sources after nearly $2 million in federal cuts over two years forced the organization to lay off basically all its staff. More here.
4. CITY VOWS TO DEFEAT LAWSON POOL SWAMP GAS CREATURE Story here. “This has the attention of council and administration,” says a steely-eyed Mayor Michael Fougere.
5. THE TIDE HAS TURNED It used to be so easy to be a homophobe in Saskatchewan. Now? Not so much.
6. FAREWELL WESTON DRESSLER Words to read from Rob Vanstone.
BONUS BUNCH O’ NEWS Health Canada is reviewing the so-called “morning after pill”, which might not work for heavier women; Canada ran a $615 million deficit in November; Albertans can sue SaskTel, Syria’s peace talks ended peacelessly; an iPhone is worth more that $3,000 worth of 1991 tech stuff; apparently binge-drinking Russian men die early; Saskatchewan’s Information and Privacy commissioner has stepped down; the Spanish government attacks women’s rights; the Conservatives are taking lots of heat over closing Veteran’s Affairs offices in cities like Saskatoon; there’s a brutal drought in California; and a cute snowy owl that was hit by a bus in Washington, DC is doing quite well.
STAY IN SCHOOL OR ELSE This fake public service announcement spells out the consequences of skipping school (warning: mature content).