1. LET’S START WITH SOME REGINA AND SASK NEWS The City is looking at updating its condominium conversion policy; Premier Brad Wall is grumpy about grain; someone got stabbed near the General Hospital and a plane had engine trouble at Regina’s airport; and Haley Wickenheiser will carry Canada’s flag at the Olympics.
2. ROB FORD GOT STUCK IN AN ELEVATOR Of course he did. He’s not a mayor, he’s a comedy skit.
3. THE BIG PICTURE: HARPER’S CONSERVATIVES ARE DESTROYING CANADA’S SOCIAL PROGRAMS Read this, and then reflect on the fact that Regina’s daily newspapers endorsed this government last election.
4. MORE GANG RAPE IN INDIA Sickening.
5. KILL THE RABBITS An Alberta town is free to continue massacring cute bunny rabbits after the Supreme Court of Canada declined to hear an appeal from a pro-rabbit activist. Here’s some background. The rabbits are descendants of pets released in the 1990s. Critics of rabbits say they attract hungry cougars. Some¹ might suggest that cougars are AWESOME and it’s good to attract them.
6. A GUY ACCUSED OF PUBLISHING GEORGE BUSH’S PAINTINGS AND BILL CLINTON’S LEWD DOODLES WAS ARRESTED Read things here.
BONUS! The headline says “Ghost ship full of cannibal rats could be about to crash into Devon coast”. Coooooool.
BONUS BONUS! Bieber busted!
LOOK, IT’S A NEW RAH RAH VIDEO! Looks great! There’s a tour happening, too, with a Feb. 28 gig at the Exchange.
1. Some might also suggest that Prairie Dog’s editor is exactly the type of idiot who will one day be killed by the extremely dangerous wild animal he petted. Some might be right.