That’s My Wonderful Town

About Carle Steel

Carle Steel was a simple moisture farmer on a barren, sun-baked world who, through fate and destiny, brought the mighty Galactic Empire to its knees. She likes cats, bats, mice and you.

23 Responses to That’s My Wonderful Town

1. Dave November 21, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

Why is this Douchebaggery?

2. Barb Saylor November 21, 2012 at 1:21 pm #

That truck really needs a wash.

3. Amy November 21, 2012 at 1:27 pm #

4. Stephen Whitworth November 21, 2012 at 1:31 pm #

It’s douchebaggery because it made Amy sad. Obviously.

5. Carle Steel November 21, 2012 at 1:53 pm #

Look at that skyline! Douchebaggery, if ever I’ve seen it.

6. Barb Saylor November 21, 2012 at 2:15 pm #

Nice back and fill.

7. Moon Daddy November 21, 2012 at 3:28 pm #

It’s not just antlers in the bed of that truck, if you look closely, it’s a head.

8. Carle Steel November 21, 2012 at 4:08 pm #

They couldn’t get to me with the stadium, the film industry cut, the strippers, or the manipulation of the civic election so they left a severed head outside my window, knowing full well it would pitch me into a residential existential crisis.

9. mb November 21, 2012 at 5:23 pm #

Oh quit whining about the deer head. It’s hunting season people. Hunting is allowed.
    Some hunters donate the venison to food banks.

Anytime a deer is hunted…usually their heads are submitted to be tested for rabies or other diseases.

I like the All You Can Eat sign across the street.

10. Stephen Whitworth November 21, 2012 at 5:29 pm #

@8: It’s just like in the Godfather! Well, close enough.

11. Barb Saylor November 21, 2012 at 5:59 pm #

@mb: The heads aren’t always required to be submitted for disease-monitoring purposes, but when they are, the usual target is chronic wasting disease.

Venison sausage is lovely.

12. Stephen Whitworth November 21, 2012 at 6:10 pm #

@12 I’ve had one experience with deer sausage. It was a nightmare. A roommate turned our kitchen into a funky meat sauna though some kind of frying miscalculation. Horrible. Years later he found God and Ron Paul. In retrospect, I shouldn’t have been surprised. He cooked like a libertarian.

Your encounters with deer sausage have probably been better.

13. Brad November 21, 2012 at 6:44 pm #

@12: I suspect I would really enjoy a funky meat sauna.

14. Talbot Fresh, Jr. November 21, 2012 at 8:11 pm #

Hmmm, inside the city limits. I don’t care what you do with your flaccid deer head in the country, but inside city limits, Mr. Red Truck, you put that thing in a bag, like normal people do.

BTW, just by speculating that some people donate deer kill to the food bank, and some persuasion of fancy-pants libertarian glitterati enjoy a gentle gnaw on a big deer snausage doesn’t mean downtown Regina IS ROSETOWN, PEOPLE.

This is gross, stop making morally relativistic excuses for it. This guy’s probably someone you really don’t want to know. Think of it that way.

15. Barb Saylor November 21, 2012 at 8:19 pm #

@12: Much, much better.
    @14: Well, I guess being called “fancy-pants libertarian glitterati” beats “Fuck you” any day.

16. Talbot Fresh, Jr. November 21, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

I was more imagining a salon-type event atmosphere, in which Glen Scrimshaw was auctioning his latest wildlife portraits to benefit the food bank while patrons enjoyed deer sausage and chokecherry wine.

17. Moon Daddy November 21, 2012 at 11:46 pm #

@1-16: Get your web designer to install a “quote” feature so we don’t have to keep doing this.

18. Ron November 22, 2012 at 1:59 am #

Hi Carle!

19. Carle Steel November 22, 2012 at 10:00 am #

The more I think of factory farming, the more I’m okay with hunting.

20. anonymusses November 22, 2012 at 12:09 pm #

…factory hunting…?

21. Dudes November 22, 2012 at 12:43 pm #

@20

I could read your comment all day long! Best ever.

22. Carle Steel November 22, 2012 at 2:32 pm #

Hi Ron!

23. Talbot Fresh, Jr. November 25, 2012 at 6:27 am #

Food producers should be happy to work behind the scenes. Seems like only since food became political, meaning mostly genetically-engineered and full of unnatural crap has it become political. Vegans/Vegetarians in contemp western society, I believe, are more a response to inhumane slaughtering and oganic/whole food movement a response to the corporate Frankenfood lobby.

Either way, however, I prefer to take my steak, garden burger, chickpea salad, and salmon silent.

Hunting is like, whatever. Never going to be discouraged. Personally, I’ve never hunted but can imagine little more than a despairing wave of boredom and emptiness washing over me after pulling the trigger and watching the animal fall. Not to mention annoyance that now I have to go slice the dead bastard up. I have zero interest in hunting for pleasure or sport. If this was 200 years ago, well, it would be a necessity…like pulling into PetroCan and pumping a tank full of gas.