1. JIM HAS BAD NEWS An increase in EI premiums that was to take effect in January will now be halved.
2. TIME TO GO? Apparently the rumours that have been circling about the potential eviction of Occupiers in Victoria Park are true. The city has confirmed that it plans to remove the protesters, citing bylaws that say camping in the park is illegal. Occupy organizers are holding meetings today and a response is expected to be delivered on Wednesday.
3. COMIC RELIEF We could all use a good laugh right about now, yes? Well, Herman Cain is only too happy to deliver.
4. NOW, THIS IS JUST ENTRE NOUS… Nicolas Sarkozy is overheard telling Barack Obama that Benjamin Netanyahu is “a liar”.
5. I IMAGINE, THIS MORNING, THERE’S MUCH WE’D LIKE TO FORGET Researchers are working on helping patients work through bad memories and phobias through neuroscience.
6. AND NOW, TO COMPLETELY DISTRACT YOU… LESTER BANGS & LOU REED! The Guardian is celebrating the 10th anniversary of ‘Rock’s Backpages’ by republishing an article on Lou Reed by the late Lester Bangs.